Sunday, April 26, 2020

Pastoral Prayer for 2020.4.26 Based on Psalm 116 and ACNA BCP 2019

Father, may our hearts say
“I love the LORD, because he has heard
my voice and my pleas for mercy.
Because he inclined his ear to me,
therefore I will call on him as long as I live.”
But chiefly are we bound to praise you for the glorious resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ our Lord; for he is the true Passover Lamb, who was offered for us, and has taken away the sin of the world; who by his death has destroyed death, and by his rising to life again has won for us everlasting life.
But many of us today feel like we’re still in the middle of darkness, we say,
  “The snares of death encompassed me;
the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;
I suffered distress and anguish.”
There are people suffering from this quarantine, spiraling into depression, loneliness, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse. Lord, have mercy and deliver people from these vices. We lift some of these and ourselves up to you now, […] Holy Spirit, draw their hearts to call upon Jesus, that they would say,
“Then I called on the name of the LORD:
“O LORD, I pray, deliver my soul!”
  Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
our God is merciful.”
As we start to consider opening up our countries, states, and cities again, give wisdom to those who lead, the Wold Health Organization, the CDC, Presidents, Governors, Mayors, and all officials, to make wise decisions regarding what are the right steps to keep people as healthy as possible, but also to care for the financial well being of their places. We especially pray for President Donald Trump, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Governor Kevin Stitt, Mayor David Holt, and others […]
The LORD preserves the simple;
when I was brought low, he saved me.
Return, O my soul, to your rest;
for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
  For you have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling;
I will walk before the LORD
in the land of the living.
  I believed, even when I spoke:
“I am greatly afflicted”;
I said in my alarm,
“All mankind are liars.”
  What shall I render to the LORD
for all his benefits to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the LORD,
I will pay my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people.
Father, there are many today that we would like to see pray this prayer, to put their faith in you and find salvation. I pray for my friend Nigel, for family members, and for my dear neighbors in my own neighborhood whom I care about. We lift up to you those we want you to draw to salvation. […] O God, let us see 12 believer’s baptisms before this year is out. May many churches see the growth of the Kingdom brought about because of your hand on this pandemic. We trust you.
O LORD, I am your servant;
I am your servant, the son of your maidservant.
You have loosed my bonds.
I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving
and call on the name of the LORD.
Praise the LORD! 
Almighty God, you gave your only Son to be for us both a sacrifice for sin and an example of godly living: Give us grace thankfully to receive his inestimable benefits, and daily to follow the blessed steps of his most holy life; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment